Definitely Dahlia is my favorite!
Good Afternoon! How do you like my new blog look? I worked on it all day yesterday during the rainy day! Who goes on vacation and completely overhauls their blog? ME! I'd love comments on how you like it! I have a few more things to add (few more flags on the right) but those will come as I add more features to my blog! Yes, new features are coming soon!
This card was made at a workshop a few weeks ago with a group of ladies that I love to stamp with! The hostess asked me to make a card using the Emboss Resist technique. Not sure what that is? Keep scrolling to find some quick steps for embossing!
I used the Butterfly Basics Bundle to make the butterfly and I popped it up and added Gold Sequin Trim to it's body. I love purples and the combination between Wisteria Wonder and Elegant Eggplant is simply gorgeous! I added some single sequins to the inside of the card with the sentiment.
Steps for Emboss Resist:
1. Stamp your image using a Versamark Ink Pad.
2. Sprinkle on your embossing powder (you can use any color but I used white).
3. Heat the embossing powder until the powder turns into a glossy finish.
4. Grab a sponge, ink it up, brush off some ink on scrap paper (so it's not too dark).
5. Rubbing the sponge over the image in a circular motion. I just barely went on the outside of the image (for a shadow). You will notice that the embossing "resists" the ink.
6. Once you have the desired affect, gently rub a klennex over the embossing to take off any extra ink.
Thanks so much for following me! Did you know you can follow me on facebook? I post lots of other ideas, classes and announcements! Please follow me now!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog